JAMAICA – MONTEGO BAY
For those of you who pictured yourself lying back on perfectly white, sandy beaches, the sky above blue and sunny, while cooling down with delicious drinks at your leisure – Montego Bay is your ideal destination.
While Jamaica is a spring break favorite and is great for parties, it can also be surprisingly low key – if you want. Montego Bay has excellent duty-free shopping, vibrant nightlife, and calm waters. You can browse the local handicrafts at the open-air Harbour Street market, or the “hip strip” shops of Gloucester Avenue. There are the underwater crevices of Widowmaker’s Cave and it offers an intricate diving experience. Why not float leisurely down the MarthaBraeRiver on a bamboo raft and let your troubles melt away under the sun.
Facts About Montego Bay:
- Montego Bay is a tropical climate, specifically a tropical wet-and-dry climate, characterized by a wet season from May to November, which coincides with the hurricane season, and a dry season from December to April. Regardless of the season, pack your summer clothes, and a couple of jerseys for safety.
- Doctor’s Cave beach is one of the most famous beaches in Jamaica for its clean and beautiful waters. It is open to the public as well as to members of the Doctor’s Cave Bathing Club. The whole family can have fun by renting a snorkel and scuba gear here.
- Margaritaville is a top bar and restaurant, and quite an experience too. Featuring the music of Jimmy Buffett, a slide and a swimming pool are out back so get ready for the ride of your life.
- You’ll find most meals and drinks very affordable so if you’re bringing the whole family to our island of All Right, look forward to a few treats out.
- You may be surprised, but ‘Mo’ Bay as the locals like to call it, is home to an icy adventure playground, the famous Chillin Games Room. So if you’re into snowboarding, bring yours along as they offer all kinds of activities where you can hit their artificial snow slopes.
Montego Bay has a little for everyone, including great all inclusive hotels. Beautiful weather, beautiful beaches. Why wait to enjoy.