The small, misty Alaskan town, known for its salmon and totem poles, is a beautiful location tucked away in the Tongass Narrows Channel.
Whether spending the day on the water catching fish, hiking in the parks, shopping downtown, or just enjoying the view, this Alaskan hideaway is great for cruise vacationers. Built right on the water, many of the towns main streets are similar to piers. It is a unique blend of native history with many modern amenities.
- Creek Street: about a block from the ship docks and home of great shopping
- Misty Fjords: see by air tours, kayaking and deep-sea fishing
- Fishing: most popular is the salmon fishing, but halibut is a close second
- Totem pole parks: Saxman Totem Park, Totem Bight State Park, Potlatch Park and Totem Heritage Center
- Tongass National Forest: see black bears and rivers, plus beautiful forest life
- Deer Mountain: hikers should try the 3-mile trail that begins in town
What our customers are saying about Ketichikan:
We spent a wonderful day in Ketchikan! Our morning adventure consisted of a zodiac raft adventure that included a great tour and the opportunity to see wildlife up close. Our guide and staff were wonderful. They were knowledgeable and hospitable. I would definitely repeat this tour the next time I have the occasion to visit Ketchikan!Melinda M
Zip lining over black bears in a rainforest is pretty cool. The length of the lines as well as the views were spectacular. The guides made the experience lots of fun. I felt safe and enjoyed it greatly. Thanks for the memories!Theresa P